Where Buyers Look When Viewing Your Home
You might be surprised to know what many buyers look at when viewing a property. If you’re preparing your home to sell, make sure to consider the following spaces that are usually overlooked by sellers and are likely to be looked at by buyers when viewing your home:
- Inside closets- Buyers want to get a sense of the size and capacity of all your closets. Make sure they are clean and well organized, avoid having them look “overstuffed”.
- Basement- Think that buyers will stick to the main room of your basement? Think again. Almost all buyers will look in every room, especially the furnace room, storage room, cold room, laundry room, electrical boxes, and the crawl space. Many buyers are very knowledgeable in construction these days so making sure these items are in good shape can be crucial.
- Under the sinks– Buyers will definately look under the kitchen sink and bathroom sinks. Make sure that trash bins are empty and everything looks neat and clean and if you have any leaking pipes make sure to have them fixed before showing.
- Windows- Buyers often look out windows to assess views. You can’t change what they see, but you can ensure the window itself is clean. Your window’s cleanliness also shows up in photos, so it is best to have them cleaned prior to listing.
- Sides of the property- When it comes to outdoor space, the backyard makes a huge impression, do whatever you can to make it look its best. However, don’t neglect your side or front yard. Unsightly garbage bins, weeds, tree clippings, debris, etc. can quickly dampen a buyer’s initial enthusiasm for your property
- Garage- Every buyer will look in your garage as they want to see the size and imagine what they could fit into it. In order to showcase the size of your garage, organize it and make sure it is clean. Buy shelving units and storage bins, fill them and stack them neatly in the garage. This helps showcase the amount of storage and space for vehicles.
- Spare rooms- If you have any spare bedrooms that you currently use for storage be sure to stage them as best you can. Set them up as an office or a playroom as this is much more appealing than walking into a room used for extra storage as this makes it look cluttered and clutter makes a room seem smaller than it actually is.
- Kitchen Cabinets- Organize your cabinets to show off the space, a clean organized area always looks bigger. General rule of thumb, less is more!
- Shed- If you have a shed, make sure it is cleaned and organized. Again, the idea is to really showcase the amount of space and help the potential buyers imagine it filled with their belongings. Its these little things that take the viewing from good to great!
- Front Door- One of the biggest overlooked items when listing a home is the front door. The first thing a buyer sees when they walk into a home is the door and it set the tone for the rest of the showing. When the front door is clean and undamaged the house feels more welcoming and starts the buyer off with a great feeling!
Hey there, I’m Matthew Taylor. I work with individuals and families looking to buy or sell real estate in Regina and all surrounding areas who are looking for professional, responsive, and honest service to find the property that is best for them and sell their home in the quickest amount of time for the most amount of money. I want my clients to be the most informed, educated, and knowledgeable when purchasing or selling a home. I’ve been a Realtor® for a few years and I’ve served over 10 families to date. The best praise I’ve ever received from a client was:
“As first time home buyers we were nervous, we didn’t know anything about the real-estate market. Mathew Taylor was an amazing realtor to work with , he answered all our questions and made sure we were taken care of. He truly had our best interest in mind in helping us find the perfect home for our little family . We have nothing but good things to say about Matthew and just keep up the good work”.
Helping people to find the perfect home for them like that, makes me so proud and drives everything I do. If you’re looking for a Realtor who truly has your best interests at heart, Then we might be a good fit. I’ve earned two degrees, one in music performance and another in music education. When I’m not helping people find their perfect home, I can be found playing music, teaching music to kids, spending time with my family and friends, or volunteering at the YWCA. Want to learn more about how we can work together? Call or text me at 306-988-7554.